AND SHE'S BACK!
Me, that is. The completely inconsistent Bossy Cosmetics blogger.
I mean, I started this year off with a plan to write useful nuggets to our Bossy community *checks notes* once a week and the records show that the last blogpost was written on March 31st when we announced we raised over $1 million.
Please accept my sincere apologies. It's been an incredibly busy year for the team and I also made a promise that I would spend more quality time with my family so I dropped a few balls that were juggling in the air. The good news is that since my last blogpost, we have:
- Launched a really amazing and popular product - The Bossy Glosses - and we are excited for you to rock them;
- Debuted at the largest B2B beauty trade show in North America;
- Won Self Magazine's Healthy Beauty Award for Best Velvet Lipstick for our Unstoppable lipstick;
- Got nominated for the 2022 Beacon Awards for Best Packaging; and
- Expanded our in-store retail footprint from 10 doors with JCPenney to 300 by the end of the year!
Sooooooooooooo, yeah, it's been crazy busy but I promise to do better going forward (certainly not weekly blogging though!).
Anyhoo, I had the AWESOME pleasure of stumbling upon Duchess Meghan Markle's new podcast called Archetypes and I LOVE IT so far. Her first episode is with the indomitable tennis legend, cultural icon, and venture capitalist -SERENA WILLIAMS.
In this episode, they talk Ambition and, as a working mother myself who created this brand to serve women who self-identify as being AMBITIOUS, I had to listen to it and so should you!
It's packed full of gems shared by both Serena and Meghan about how they've navigated being ambitious women in a world that is chock full of double standards against women, especially in male dominated spaces.
The podcast is a celebration of the fierceness of womanhood that also allows for us to also be vulnerable, fearful, and unsure sometimes.
I loved this episode and I hope you do too! Give it a listen and let me know your thoughts.